Sunday, June 04, 2006

God is Good(Nathan)

God is good. Such a simple sentence, even cliché, yet how true it is. God not only knows our desires, he fulfills them. He is our desire. Some just really crazy things have been happening, and it is all God. God is alive and well, he is moving, and he is here now.
Today a good friend of mine said he had just recently thought about praying for his old high school friends. Well, on Sunday one of his friends called him up and said, "You'd be so proud of me, I went to church this morning." She felt like there needed to be a change in her life and so she has started looking for a church.
I have been working on a form we are calling our "care form" this will give the people of the congregation a more accessible way of helping out with what we are doing. One of the options they will have is visiting one (or more) of the regular people we interact with. Recently one of the ladies we work with has started calling the church weekly. She normally gives a list of things she could use. The list isn't full of fancy or expensive things, but normally consists of stuff to make sandwiches with. We think that she really just desires someone (or multiple people) to be in relationship with. Its God's timing that our form is going out at about the same time this lady has really expressed (abet implicitly) that she would like more company.
Called Out (our Youth Choir which I am a member of) Performed a play, written by our directors, a few weekends ago. It was two nights of awesomeness (if I don't say so for myself). Being able to talk with people after the show and see how it touched them was really quite special. It was interesting for me living in this house with what were doing and being in the play. Because the play deals with college age kids running a coffee shop ministry which mixes kids from off the street with kids from wealthy families. It was a special encouragement to me. Its funny, because the idea of the house and the idea of the play came at about the same time, but to two different people. So for me being apart of both has been special. We hope to take the play on the road in the fall and I am very much looking forward to sharing it with others.
Some more personal examples (which I will not share here) have been going on that I can tell God just wants to move in my life and in the life of those I come in contact with. It is really cool to see just how powerful and awesome our God is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home