Monday, February 26, 2007

Persevering - Deb

The last couple months have been challenging. Looking back, there have been a few repeating themes for my walk with God; themes I’ve had to re-learn and I’m sure I’ll have to re-learn them again later. God has been asking me to let go of my control and comfort, among other things, and fully trust in Him and put my hope in Him alone. God has also been asking me about how I spend my time, and He’s been reminding me to have a servants’ heart and be merciful to others. I know God has the best plan for me, so even in the middle of hard lessons, I know He is taking care of me and will continue to do so.

I think it can be easy for me to lose focus on God. He’s been asking me “who am I in your life?” He wants to be, and should be, my first priority, but I know I get distracted. Thankfully, God is incredibly gracious to me as I struggle some times, and succeed at other times. So even if it’s hard to leave things behind and trust His plan instead of mine, I know it will be worth it in the end. And I know his plan really is better than mine, but I know what my plans are...God kinda just tells me things as I need to know them, not the entire plan... Pastor Mike recently gave a sermon about the Promised Land, and I can draw nice little analogies from that here. What God has planned for me is bigger and better than what I used to have or have now. And I don’t want to settle for less than where God wants me to be. I want to cross my Jordan River and keep moving on to where He wants me to get to. There will be many battles and hardships, but there will also be many victories. Sometimes you just have to go through things you’d rather not, or cross rough waters. But God is worth any price I might pay to follow Him.
“You must move out from where you are.” - Joshua 3:3
“…no one who has left home or [spouse] or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life.” - Luke 18:29-30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home