Transitions (Janet)
This last year has been a year of transitions. I moved away from home for the first time—to Massachusetts. Then for two quarters I lived in Corvallis, Oregon. A fresh start in each new place. A chance to meet completely different people. This summer I spent working at Cascades Camp. There, I found myself challenged and supported daily by a Christian community. As I left, I knew it would be for something a little different, just as every new place is.
The only catch was that I knew the new place better than any other. The people I would be around were friends I had known from my junior year in high school. The difference is a new dimension of our relationships. The 1304 men’s house has been underway for a year or so now, and the women’s house has just started. The community here is so different from anything I have ever experienced, especially with this group of people. I am thrilled to find out what God has in store for this ministry.
From my close- knit group of friends in Shoreline, to Massachusetts, Oregon, and Cascades Camp, God has been with my every step of the way. He has found opportunities to challenge me, and to humble me. I know that this next stage of my life will be no different.
Isaiah 30:21 says, “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it.’” No matter where you go, what decisions you make, or what happens to you, God is with you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home