Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Sustainer

Every now and then lately, I’ve been feeling lonely and have had self-doubts about my talents and abilities. Those feelings probably have some to do with my somewhat opposite schedule from many people over spring break with people running all sorts of different directions, not seeing some people as much, not talking as much… Grades from winter quarter just came out, which were a little on the disappointing side; there are a few different applications I have to turn in shortly; and I’m considering changing jobs, which all make me question my abilities and what I have to offer the world. I have doubts of being accepted into whatever program I’m wanting to get in to, or doubting I could actually get a better and/or different job. And sometimes, that lonely feeling swells up more than other times… I feel like I’ve just been in a period of self-doubt again for some reason. So basically, through all this, God’s been reminding me lately that He is my sustainer. He can fill my spirit up again, help me not to feel lonely or down on myself, and He knows exactly what I need. He wants to give me more than I can imagine...I just have to trust Him. He has been my comforter, my energy, the lover of my soul, my friend, the One I look to. I know God is with me through all the unknowns in my life, because He has been faithful to be my sustainer. I just wish sometimes He’d give me more direct guidance in what He wants me to do in my life.
Keep me safe, my God, for in You I take refuse…You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing…I will praise the Lord, who counsels me… I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices…You will ont abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will You let your faithful one see decay. ~ parts of Psalm 16:1-2, 7-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home