Distractions (Eva)
These past few weeks, away from about half the clatter and distractions that I usually have with me, have been a little odd. I notice more when there is noise in my mind. I’ve noticed that I’m more vocal about my irritation when I’m driving. I’ve been reminded of many books that I’ve read and forgotten about with all the easy entertainment I usually go for.
This week I was struck by a phrase in James 1:25. The verse goes, “But those who look into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and persevere, being not hearers who forget but doers who act – they will be blessed in their doing.” I was struck by the fact that it’s the ones who persevere in looking into the perfect law who are blessed. Because I know that when I read the Bible it’s usually a fairly uncomfortable experience, and I do look away so I can forget how short I fall from being good. So I guess that Lent this year will be a time for me to focus on learning to listen to God and change things as I ought.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home