Time
I recently went with two guys from the 1304 house to visit a woman and her 2 year old daughter at the Seals motel, a low-income type of motel. She told us her husband left her and she will be evicted very soon because she cannot pay the rent. Since it's winter and shelters are slammed this time of year, she has been trying all week to find shelter for her and her little girl, but has had no luck. She was kind, and her daughter was lively...I would love to get to know them better. It made me very sad to think of them being evicted, having no options, and it being winter. I wish I could do more than offer some coats and food... It also helped me remember why I'm in this community. With all the busyness of this quarter and just life in general for me right now, I know I've not done all I would like to as a member of this community. The seeking out others in need was a good reminder to me that I do have compassion for these people in need, and I need to be making time to seek them out. I want to live well in this community, and do what I can to see it continue and grow. Despite being tired more often than not because of the busyness, I want to push on and make more time for reaching out to people.
"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." - Ephesians 5:15-17 (ESV)
"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." - Ephesians 5:15-17 (ESV)
Labels: Deb's Nov. blog


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home