Worries (Oct., Deb)
At college group a little while ago, the subject matter was about worrying – or rather trying to not worry. Later that week, school started again and by the end of the second day, I was feeling the stress of my time disappearing because one class in particular is demanding a lot more “outside-the-classroom-time” than I anticipated. So I then found the subject of the last college group to be ironic… I am a worrier about many different things, but because my “plate” is so full this quarter, I feel like I’m worrying and stressing a lot more already, because it seems like every day is going to be jam-packed. I think looking at that passage in Luke will be handy for me this quarter, reminding me to not worry and that God will work things out. Ultimately, some things may not matter as much in the long run, and so they may be bumped off my “have-to-do” list, even if I can feel like I “have to” do it all. (That’s also a tendency I have…wanting to do everything…) But when it really comes down to it, I want to live a life pleasing to God…and not go insane. I know God will help me survive this hectic time. I just need to not worry about it and not get overwhelmed.
Luke 12: 25-26, 29-32
“Can all your worries add a single moment to you life? Of course not! And if worry can’t do little things like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things? ...don’t worry about food – what to eat and drink. Don’t worry whether God will provide it for you. These things dominate the thoughts of most people, but your Father already knows your needs. He will give you all you need from day to day if you make the


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home