Salem Group
Andrew:
Talked with 3 men at off ramps. Gave them food and prayed with them.
We found out what it was like to be a woman & child trying to find shelter. We cleaned the back house and went on a prayer walk.
This trip was a great awakening and eye-opener and I love the atmosphere and felt close to God the whole time.
I met all the people at 1304 and I met 3 different homeless guys at off-ramps.
I believe that God used me to help reach out to the next people living in the back house by cleaning it out.
I realized how hard it is to be homeless and that I can help them by making it easier.
Brea:
Met a man at an off-ramp. Talked and gave food.
Met lady on bus and heard her story of homelessness.
We worked on cleaning out the back house and I talked with Eva about what the house would be used for next and how the church is being stretched through this process.
Both trips to downtown Seattle, the students were amazed at how hard it would be to be homeless. My students were especially frustrated with how many times they were rejected.
Found Tent City at the United Methodist Church.
All the activities were useful in learning what it really means to be homeless. We were all challenged to think outside the box.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home