Saturday, July 21, 2007

Work and Service (Nathan)

In my time here at the 1304 house, I haven't had the opportunity to hold a steady job and live in the community. Last Summer, I was able to do house stuff all summer, along with a few odd jobs on the side. However, I have realized that I will be unable to go to school next year unless I hold a steady job (unless God intervenes). So, I am working at a daycare center in Totem Lake. With commute, though, I am gone for 10 hours Monday through Friday. It has been interesting the past few weeks trying to figure out how to balance work and ministry. I have a lot more respect for the guys in the house that hold a job year around and put in hours in ministry. Going to school is a lot different than working. The hours at school are less and a lot more flexible, than those of a job. To work all day and then come home and engage or even more go out and serve, takes a lot of energy and will power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home