Friday, October 12, 2007

Allison (Nathan)

We had been sitting at a lunch for a while. When the door opened and in came Allison, crying, sobbing, wailing. "I want my Mommy!" Heartbreaking cries to be reunited with her mom.

Allison has been coming to daycare for 3 days now. She has been living in a foster home for about a week. Separated from her older brother and parents. She returned to the daycare for lunch after her weekly visitation with her mom.

Having lived in the 1304 house for the last 2 years, I have a little better understanding of the social justice system. And, although I don't know Allison's full story, I have seen the children's lives ruined by choices their parents make. A while ago, we thought that one of the little girls we were serving (At 1304) was being abused/mistreated, and called social workers to see what the chances of her being taken away were. It is very hard for the state to be able to take a child away from their parents. So for Allison to be taken away from her parents,
something must have been very wrong. But the faith children have, its amazing. She still feels like she belongs to her mom.

How many times do I feel like God has left or betrayed me? I know in my head its not true, its me that has left, but I feel like He has and I get angry and frustrated. I know my faith is well put (unlike Allison's) and I doubt. Allison, isn't old enough to doubt, she trusts faithfully. That she will be loved here doesn't matter to her, she only wants to be with her mom. Why don't I always want to be with God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home