On Time...
It has been a blessing in my life that all of my grandparents are alive. Even though my family was never in Seattle much (my dad was in the army), we always visited between moves. I know that my grandparents are getting old, but they have mostly always seemed to be in pretty good shape.
A couple weeks ago, my dad’s mom had a heart attack and had to go in hospital. She had to have heart surgery (not too risky) and found out that she has a treatable form of leukemia. I went to see her in the hospital and talked with her a while. It was weird to see her there looking so weak and tired in her hospital bed. I have always thought of her as a strong woman. And she is, even if no longer physically strong. All that to say that it shook me and made me think. Life is never certain. And that’s scary. We need to know our families and serve God while we have the strength.
Labels: Eva's blog for November


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home