Changes (Nathan)
I hate change. It is right up there with spinach. But there is something else that I am beginning to hate even more, it is called complacency. I hate change because it causes me to be uncomfortable. Change often pushes me to places I don't like being. Complacency would reign in my life if God didn't invoke change. Complacency happens when I get too comfortable with my routine. I know exactly what each day will bring and exactly how to handle everything. Nothing changes. Complacency says, "Nathan you are doing enough, so you don't need to do more." But I don't believe that is what God has asked of me. Complacency leads me to doing less and less and less. I believe that when I see a need, it is my duty as a Christian to see to it that the need gets filled, even if it makes me uncomfortable.
1304 has been a place for me filled with challenges and changes. Its a place where I have built-in service time. However, I can get complacent and forget that God has called me to a life of service, not just 5-10 hours a week, but rather 168 hours a week.
A life of service may not include making the lame walk, or feeding 5000 people with a few fish and some bread. Its not about a one time trip to Mexico to build a house for someone. I'm sure the big miracles Jesus did were important. But what I believe sets him apart (and should set us apart as well)is the little things. It is seeing a need and responding in action.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home