Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Revival

For a while, I had been feeling like I wasn't "doing enough" for 1304, to help it grow more; for people on the streets; for God... I felt very guilty for receiving a rent supplement from the church when I no longer felt qualified to be in 1304 because of it's goals and requirements. Before when I had felt guilty, it was just that - a feeling that got buried under business...for a little while. But it's a fact in my life that my feelings will surface. I felt like I had a sort of epiphany at some point. I began to seriously think about moving out. If I'm not making time to do my part, do what I say (by living here) that I'm going to do, I shouldn't be here. Well, after talking with a few other people within the community, I've been told I'm too hard on myself... But I should be getting out more. I no longer feel like I should move out... The epiphany really just served as a wake up call for me. It refreshed me in a surprising way and renewed my motivation to get out... So I have been out more lately. I had been praying before my epiphany that God would refresh me, revive me, motivate me... But in his very God-like way, he chose to do it in a way that I wasn't expecting. I'm very glad he answered my prayers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home