Saturday, February 09, 2008

Reflection (Hannah)

This month one of the first street friends that we in this ministry had died.  He was a great guy with an alcohol addiction, a real heart for the Lord and the people around him.  A few weeks ago we had a memorial service for him, and it was a great time of celebrating his life and remembering both him and 1304 in its first year or so.  Remembering his life, though, reminded me of all the homeless friends that have drifted in and out of our lives at 1304.  It’s a good thing to remember, I think, that there are people I know and care about drifting around in the world somewhere, probably many of them living on the streets.  It’s fun to remember good times with them, and it’s good to be reminded that these people matter.  It’s also sad to think I may never see any of them again.  I guess all I can really do is remember them, pray for them, and let their past help shape my future.
With all the changes coming up for 1304 (and for my own life, really) it’s good to see where we’ve been and why we‘re here. Maybe we’ll get to see some of our friends again. I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home