Choice - Torey
I have just recently returned from visiting some friends that are away at college across the country. While away, I realized how easy it would be for me to escape from the 1304 House and go off to school and not have to worry about the poor. My focus could be on friendships, sports, hobbies, and as long as my grades were fine, no one would challenge me about anything. That sounds so nice sometimes! Yes, there are students that serve their neighbors, but it's a choice they have to make each time they go out, and I don't know how often I would make that choice. Returning to the 1304 House this week has made me glad that God has put me in a place where I have no choice but to love my neighbor, because they show up at my doorstep daily. My fear is what will happen when I eventually leave. My prayer is that God continues to shape my heart into looking more like his, so that serving people is no longer a choice I have to make, but an unstoppable reaction to my love for them and Him.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home