Deb - May
Still another part of my difficulty getting out this month could have to do with wondering about the future of 1304 as a ministry, and not feeling much of a drive to do more, either from within myself or from others in the community. With life being so busy, it can be very hard to get the energy to go serve if I don’t have it all planned out ahead of time.
Perhaps we’re just reaching an odd transition stage of life, given we’re all around early-mid 20s, with some marrying off. In addition, something one of the guys in the house said has stuck with me – are we really connecting with people we meet on the streets by bringing them water, socks, and maybe some food? Most of them are over 40 years old and just have a very different life from us, which can make it difficult to connect to them, and probably for them to connect to us young college-ish-age kids. Is this “charity” really doing anything for those we meet? I have often found myself feeling guilty for seeing people flying signs on corners and not being able to do anything about it at that time because I’m on my way to work, or there is no one around to go meet them with me.
When it comes down to it, I guess it’s time to suck it up, make myself plan for getting out, and just bite the bullet, even if I don’t feel it is doing any good I can see. Time to make that sacrifice again. Seems like I never stop learning about sacrifice.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home